Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rewire how we pay for healthcare and how it is delivered to provide affordable and accessible healthcare experiences we all deserve as employers, patients and providers. We’re rebuilding healthcare from the ground up, simplifying how healthcare is understood, paid for and delivered through a real-time, direct infrastructure.
About The Role
Nomi Heath is looking for a Clinical Risk Manager to oversee a comprehensive, system-wide risk management program. In doing so, the Clinical Risk Manager develops, implements, and evaluates the risk management program, under the direction of the National Clinical Quality Assurance Director. The Clinical Risk Manager is responsible for identifying, assessing, and recommending actions for actual and potential exposures to the organization with a goal of improving patient safety and protection of the organization’s assets. Ensures adherence to government regulations and accrediting body standards and implements policies and procedures necessary to support risk structures and processes.
Provides advice, guidance, and recommendations to minimize risk applicable to the provision of health care, treatment, and associated support services. Responsible for clinical risk management including investigation and resolution of incidents and identification of strategies to minimize risk.
What You Will Do:
Assists with the development and implementation of the Risk Management Program, including assessment, implementation, and evaluation of risk management strategies.
Act as a resource to the facility and state leadership on day-to-day risk management related questions and requests for assistance as they arise.
· Performs investigation and response to events, potential claims, and grievances presented against caregivers, physicians and the organization for liability and damages. Records and collects documents and evidence and maintains work product in accordance with legal requirements and sets up claim. Ensures collaboration and mitigation of risk to the organization’s insurance coverage against liability and casualty loss.
Ensures timely risk management review and management of serious patient events and medical errors. Facilitates and/or co-facilitates the review of variances rising to a Sentinel Event, State and/or Federal regulatory reporting and directs the communication of unanticipated events to patients and potential compensable events.
Analyzes variance data trends and reports findings related to risk strategies. Contributes to the development of mitigation and intervention strategies. Regularly provides leadership with progress reports and data (including recommendations) related to risk management.
· Provides review and development of entity, interdepartmental, and/or service line policies and processes. Create the step-by-step standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all processes for the organization to run smoothly. Lead the analysis and recommendations for SOP effectiveness. Develop checklists, communication templates and guides to augment SOPs. Track all policy and SOPs from creation to implementation.
Provide direct management of claims.
· Design and implement risk management and patient safety education for staff.
· Assist management in applying enterprise risk management principles to new business and strategic initiatives.
· Other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For:
A Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare profession, health administration, or public administration, or a law degree.
Active Registered Nurse (RN) license.
Position requires experience in risk management, performing risk management or patient safety activities, patient relations, and claims management.
Strong technical documentation skills. Technical writing skills required
The ability to ensure documents move through the required review and approval steps.
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, including the ability to interface with senior management within the company.